It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ISH
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:39 pm 
Rat Biker
Rat Biker

Been ages since I posted on here. Been sucked into Facebook and kinda forgotten about forums and things... sadly :? Anyways, my fighter is finished and I was given a bandit 1200 frame, so have been collecting parts for a new build. I'm aiming for a survival-rat type of thing and the idea is to collect as many b12 parts, as cheap as possible and make a bike. I reckoned it would be cheaper than paying for a whole bike and I had some bits lurking around the workshop.

I have always liked the early gixer tanks on the bandit frame, so picked up a wn/wp one for £20 and started to modify and clean it up. The bottom of the tank has to be altered because it doesn't fit over the frame brace/coils.

As it hadn't been used for ages, I filled it with 17p coke and left it for a few days.

Got a whole front end for £150 and a load of scrap panels (broken lugs, easily fixed), so started mocking it all up.

I was given a busa backend, I thought about selling it and getting a b12 one but then after asking about, found that it will fit the b12 frame. So mocked it up today and I need to grinde a few mm off the inside of the frame so it slots in. Not sure about setting the link/shock up on the bottom mountings, but one job at a time.

I have most of a b12 engine to build, not sure what size barrels etc I'm getting yet, so it's going to be a 1200ish. That should be fun :roll: I'm going to go the big round headlights route and thinking MIG fighter colours and ammo boxes. I'm mostly doing this on my own but have Moo Crew assistance if I holler. That's it for now...

Post subject: Re: ISH
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That tank dos suit the frame well. The swinger looks nice and chunky too. Personally would use a different tail, poss a bit shorter. Look forward to seeing this develope. :D