1996 GSF600 Bandit
Found in crash damaged sorry state at the side of someone's house. Front forks snapped off at bottom yoke The steering stem was bent as was the front wheel and spindle The headstock fortunatly was fine. I had a spare front end in the shed from an early GSXR , so I pressed out the stem and replaced it with a 1200 bandit stem which I got from Sam Jaffa Everette so the yokes would fit the bandit. I blagged a set of 1200 wheels from Billy Clarke and fitted it to the GSXR forks, drilled out the original clock bracket and fitted it to the top yoke. Fitted a set of renthals from my pruck in the shed, add an original Mk 1 headlightand which I won on e-bay for £1 (bargin) and the front end was finished
I cut the rear frame rails old Skool with a hacksaw coz my grinder broke lol. Bought a cafe racer seat rail for £20 and a mate welded and braced it onto the frame. An old ammo box worked for a battery box and was bolted to the airbox and strapped to the main frame. Sold all the original rear plastics from the build and polished a few parts for fundage.
The tyres are continental TKC 80's and cost the same as the bike lol Fitted a set of GSXR 750 K4 down-pipes coz the bandit ones were shit. Needed to modify the K4 ones to fit by heating and bending the headers, but they are much lighter coz they are titanium and cost about £50. The exaust was finished off with a stubby end can made from an old Micron one.
Everything plastic was covered in military scrim and stuck down with epoxy resin. Rattle can olive drab and matt black took care of the paintwork. The seat is off an old CBR600. Oh and the dent in the tank was there originally from the accident , I left it there coz it worked with the whole build. Total build time about 2 months and is due to featured in 100% Biker magazine in a few months.